Yukon Energy is committed to ensuring this Web site is accessible to our customers. This site meets Priority 1 and 2 of the W3C's Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) and the U.S. Federal Government Section 508 Guidelines.
Our compliance is in relation to pages located at: http://www.yukonenergy.ca
- Pages are WCAG AA approved, complying with priority level 1 and 2 of the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. These guidelines cannot be tested automatically, though we believe we are in compliance, based on the W3C Accessibility Checklist.
- Pages are Section 508-approved, complying with the U.S. Federal Government Section 508 Guidelines. While the guidelines are open to some interpretation we believe that we are currently in compliance.
- Pages were authored using XHTML 1.0 Strict. CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) is used for visual layout. If your browser or browsing device does not support stylesheets the content of each page is still readable. We have used the W3C HTML Validator and the W3C CSS Validator to test for compliance. Pages have also been checked cross platform and web browser using Internet Explorer 5.5/6, Netscape 6/7+, Mozilla 1+, Opera 7+ and Safari 1.2+.
- All pages in this site use structured semantic markup. H1 tags are used for main titles, H2 tags for subtitles, etc.
- Many links have TITLE attributes, except those where the text of the link already fully describes the target.
- Images utilize the ALT attribute or inline descriptions to provide explanations to non-visual readers.
Where possible, we have worked with third-party vendors to establish accessibility guidelines for Web-based applications and tools. Where unavailable, we will continue to highlight with the vendor the importance of standards compliance in future product updates.
To test for compliance, we have used the following accessibility aids and resources: