See document at the bottom of this page for minimum requirements for operating near overhead powerlines.
In general, if you must do work around power lines, be aware that contact with power cables is very dangerous and could result in death. Please take the following precautions:
· Notify Yukon Energy that you will be working in the vicinity of our lines. Call 393-5355 or 1-800-676-2843.
· Equipment should not operate closer than seven metres from our power lines. If you must work closer than seven metres, call Yukon Energy to have the line de-energized and/or to have a Yukon Energy employee act as an observer to ensure safety.
· Work around power lines can only be done during daylight hours.
· No earth or other material can be placed under or adjacent to an overhead power line if it reduces the clearance above the ground for the power lines.
· You cannot excavate or perform similar work in the vicinity of an overhead power line if it reduces the support for the line.
· If you accidentally contact an overhead power lines, stay clear and call Yukon Energy.
· Always call local emergency personnel when someone is injured in an electrical accident.